A new season…

Layton’s first day of school, it took alot to get this smile, but I like it!
My home school Monkey’s!

I think I am allergic to the rain…I mean it, every time it starts to rain, my head gets all clogged up and my ears start going crazy with all this echoing going on in my head, it drives me BATTY!

All of that to say, school is back in session and I do believe the fall is setting in. So, chalk the summer off to being a great summer and on to the next phase of the year. Getting back into the swing of things, you know the list; first day of school, packing lunches, getting curriculum’s ready for the following day, keeping up on laundry and home, making dinner before 3 so that it is ready to eat before football at 5:30, school supplies, Corvan working so hard at loosing that front tooth, he gets the guts up for someone to try and pull it, then NO WAY, as he follows you around telling you, “IT’S ALMOST THERE!!” Taking the horses in and out of the barn because of weather, cleaning stalls, running with head lamp because morning is dark, starting a new bible study with a new group, starting to watch the leaves fall…no more mowing but racking, more time spent at the dirt bike track, football games, cross country meets, youth on Wednesdays, wearing socks, etc. etc.
There is a time and season for everything…I know the Lord has great and mighty things ahead, so anticipation is the word this season!Happy Fall!!

September 8, 2010 - 10:48 pm

Jenay - I could so relate to all that…I loved the running with a headlamp…wearing socks….and dinner before 3…it happens before 3 or after 9…soooooo there ya go. Love ya and happy Fall to you too…it’s gonna be awesome!!!!

September 9, 2010 - 12:29 am

Lindsey - Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and giving me encouragement regarding the K12 curriculum, I am pretty excited 🙂 Your blog is fabulous! I look forward to following it. Can’t wait to take your button, feel free to grab mine as well 🙂

September 9, 2010 - 1:29 am

Cheryl @ On the Old Path - Happy Fall to you too! I am delaying the socks and shoes as long as I can. But I had my hoodie on today.:)

September 9, 2010 - 3:22 am

Jhen.Stark - OH yay!!! Fall!!! I love fall, and socks, and I can’t wait for the sport seasons for my when my little one grows up, but I get to look back at Basketball season for me and all the football games scouting out cute boys… Oh fall, how I love thee!

And thank you for your comment on my Wee Bit of Me Wednesday post… :0) You’re too funny!

September 9, 2010 - 2:12 pm

Casey Martinez - Wow, and I thought I was busy:) That is one heck of a day! Praying for extra strength for you and good sleep at night to face each busy day. Good luck to the kiddos as they start school again!

September 11, 2010 - 11:11 am

Amy Sullivan - The one that made me giggle on your fall list is wearing socks. Yes, a true sign of fall!

I think part of the reason I get so excited going back to school is the start of fall. Crispy leaves, warm homemade cider, and cuddling in blankets.

September 12, 2010 - 1:09 am

Gina - It’s Spring here in Australia and we are looking forward to kicking off our socks!

It’s funny hearing about kids in the US returning to school in September as the school year starts in January here after a long break in December and January.

I hope you enjoy your new Fall routine!

September 12, 2010 - 2:43 am

Mama Llama - looks like a great start of the school year. Looks like I have much to learn from your mothering of3 boys… I don’t know that I am going to do with my 1 wild man (sandwiched between 2 girls)

September 18, 2010 - 7:11 pm