Happy New year!

I had to look twice before getting warmed up to see if I still had the tips of my fingers attached to my hand when running this morning. Don’t get me wrong, I love this weather. These cool crisp SUNNY days….I just love this weather!My run, beings I washed Brayden’s ipod in the wash machine (I used it ALL the time on my runs, felt sooooo bad and will replace when I feel I can afford to)but I just had my thoughts, a little conversation between me and the Lord, the scenery, and Ruby to run with. At first, I didn’t want to, kept telling myself…”are you crazy it’s 15 degrees out here, turn around!” But, kept plugging along and did 6 miles. Always glad when I finish and so grateful I did it.

That started off the New Year’s Eve. This time of the year always makes me look back and look forward to what is to come.

looking back on this last year:

Great summer playing with the kids
ran my first 1/2 marathon
Moved parents to Arizona
Homeschooling

looking forward:

I want to show my gratitude to my husband and kids by serving them with a happy heart. Be in the moment. See a need and jump on the opportunity. Have a year of growing in the Lord. Take time to love on friends and my family.Listen and do!

It’s a renewing, a goal setting, an anticipation of seeing what the Lord has for 2011!

Happy New Year!

December 31, 2010 - 8:44 pm

Jen - I think the coldest I’ve run is something like 26 degrees. Crazy cold, but so proud of you for doing that! By the way, when you want to replace Brayden’s iPod, my husband can get you 15% off for friends & family — he works at Apple.

Many blessings to you, sweet friend!

January 1, 2011 - 2:40 am

Casey Martinez - I have to say that I have missed you and my blogging friends too! Thank you for the kind welcome and Happy New Year to you too!! It’s also chilly here in NC…it was nice in CA which made me miss their mild winters:). I pray that 2011 is a year of blessing and growth for us all!

January 1, 2011 - 2:40 am

Nabila Grace - Happy New Year!!! Oh your my inspiration! I need to exercise but it’s so hard with the kids and hubby’s schedule! was it hard for you when the boys were younger? oh and I have other ?’s I think I should just email you! ;o)

January 1, 2011 - 5:59 am

Cheryl @ On the Old Path - I love looking forward to a fresh new year, Praying God blesses you with an amazing 2011!!!!

January 1, 2011 - 6:07 pm

The Angulo's - Marlece,

Sounds wonderful! We need to start excersizing again too. I’m sure I’ll feel better.

I replied to your comment on my blog.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy new year!

Mrs.A

January 1, 2011 - 6:59 pm

Jenay - It’s been COLD running here too! I wish we were running together. I love your reflective thoughts and your forward thoughts!!!

January 2, 2011 - 2:02 am

Big Fat Mama - 6 miles!! Go girl!! Happy New Year!!

January 2, 2011 - 3:17 am

Leanne - Happy New Year, my friend! So glad we had some time together this week, we will do it again SOON! 🙂 love you…