A week with family

The Brewers
Soaking some rays up….
Poppa
Reece
The two love birds!
Sister and me!

What a week, what a week! I am content and thankful today. It is a wonderful celebration to get to thank Jesus for making me one of His own. Dying on the cross and raising again so that I may have life in Him. I am so grateful for what He has done for me.

This week my ma and pa were here. We enjoyed their stay. It was good to have them in my home for a week. Jenay and gang showed up on Friday night and we enjoyed them as well! The Lord gave us two gorgeous days right in a row. Friday was nice and then Saturday…the family spent the whole day outside. At one point we were like a bunch of fish laid out on our lawn drying out, soaking up that sun, ahhhhh, it was so nice!I got to do Charsie’s hair, she is such a dear, I love that girl. She is an organizer with the biggest heart. Lashae brought her fiancee and we got to take their engagement pictures with moms camera. That was a blast! It is fun to see Lashae so peacefully in love. It’s fun to watch! Esther and I became fast friends in the kitchen we were able to open the doors and let the smoke fly in the kitchen. She loves to cook and so we had a very quick liking to one another. The kids played until they were exhausted, EXHAUSTED!! The boys played on the dirt bikes and hung around the fire pit.

After church, sitting around the table yesterday for dinner, and then all leaving at one time, I straightened the house up a bit and then sat down and thought about how grateful I am to have had them all here in our home. I loved every waking minute of it. I love everyone of them so much. I am so blessed.

Then I sat and finished the day with ‘The Amazing Race’ to see my cowboys get kicked off… called friend who shares in my sadness over that one and then went to bed!

156. That song keeps rolling thru my head…Thank you Lord for saving my soul, thank you Lord for making me whole, thank you Lord for giving to me, thy great salvation so rich and free…
157.family eating around our table together
158.cousins playing together
159.being an auntie
160.Jesus dying so that I might have life
161.sitting in church together as a family
162.worshipping together as a family
163.slipping candy to nephew in church
164.a barbecue
165.getting back to routine
166.saying goodbye in hopes they come back soon

April 25, 2011 - 4:27 pm

Lori - I love the pictures you posted with this blog. But mostly I love the pictures you painted with your words. On this rainy Monday morning, I felt the warmth of this weekend’s sunshine and heard your family’s laughter.
I love you, Happy Easter!

April 25, 2011 - 4:43 pm

Shauna - Love Love Love Love Love! Enough said.

April 25, 2011 - 4:59 pm

Casey Martinez - I remember you making a comment about how young my momma looks a while back when she visited and now I’ll say the same to you!! Wow, your mom is beautimous! ;0. Your family just glows when you are all together. So happy that you are getting this awesome family time with them! xo

April 25, 2011 - 5:58 pm

Jenay - We enjoyed our weekend the MOST!!! You spoiled us every second with all your talents and gifts of hospitality and creative talents…from awesome food all weekend to picures to hair, to being the Easter bunny for ALL!!!! Thank you so much we love you very much and appreciate all your family.

April 25, 2011 - 6:54 pm

Big Fat Mama! - Love the pictures!! I feel like I know you all! 🙂 Maybe one day God will have our paths cross…

It was wonderful to see Esther in a loving home. What a special girl!

April 26, 2011 - 12:33 am

Craig - Marlece I’m happy for all your family – they have you – all the pictures made me smile. Thank you. And I’m sorry for your cowboys – good cowboys finish last. 🙁 And my favorite from your thank you’s – this one – you sneaky sneaky auntie – so easy when they aren’t yours huh – 163.slipping candy to nephew in church – for shame for shame!! (◠‿◠) {smile} I hearted this – all family – all love – all faith. God Bless you and all of yours Marlece.

April 26, 2011 - 12:49 am

Mary B - What a great list! I enjoyed reading it. It sounds like you had a great weekend with your family. I enjoyed visiting here.

April 27, 2011 - 2:09 am

Graceful - Sounds like a wonderful Easter celebration with family and loved ones, Marlece. And I love #163 on your list — being an aunti is so fun!

April 27, 2011 - 3:26 am

Lady Rose - Marlece,

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures with us. I’m also glad that you had a lovely time with your family members during Easter.

-L. Rose

May 29, 2011 - 2:42 am

Nabila Grace - Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family! I always enjoy beautifying family when they visit! ;o)