actions and words….

I always am telling my kids, “actions speak bigger than words, it’s not what you say it’s what you do, show Jesus thru your actions by doing something for someone else.” It seems I am always saying this and hopefully showing it to them to be an example that these are true statements.

We have had a friend for years who has come to stay with us on many occasions. Being around us, he sees how we function around here. Kissing him good bye as we all head for the door on Sunday morning to go to church….he has been apart of this scene for many years.

Recently, his life has been turned upside down and he finds himself seeking…he asks Jim if he can call me and when he calls I am excited because I hear from him that there is a christian man whom has taken him under his wing and has been counseling him, loving him, advising him and when he asks me what I think, I tell him, I think we should pray. And we pray!

Two weeks later…more bad news for friend…texts me, “I’m looking above to the Lord.”

I text back…”He loves you unconditionally and this is where you will find comfort.”

He texts back…”I told Jim, I should start going to church.”

With NO words said for 20 years of action without words, in time of need He sees something that is solid and consistent and does not change in this household and that is JESUS, so he calls HERE for support and love…and now, after no words just action, I get to open my mouth, speak truth, and pray with him, invite him to church where before they were just words!

You never know who is watching and you never know when the LOrd will place you in a position of speaking TRUTH and LIFE into someone so that they may be saved!!

I am praising the Lord today, He is so wonderfully faithful and good, and He SAVES, thank you Jesus!!!

April 27, 2011 - 8:23 pm

happygirl - God is good, all the time. Isn’t it AMAZING when He uses YOU!!!

April 27, 2011 - 8:39 pm

Brian Miller - smiles. a great reminder for those we have tried to talk to and are probably still watching…excited you got that chance

April 27, 2011 - 9:04 pm

Kati patrianoceu - This is a great story. Especially because my family has always had this kind of friends – not a large number because, as in your case, the same people came back frequently. So it gives hope that all those shared meals and shared guestrooms and the like really were a good investment. I mean, I knew they were, but still, it’s good to see your story!

April 27, 2011 - 9:07 pm

Brandee Shafer - I love it when we have the opportunity to see that the seeds we sow really do matter. May God bless you…

April 27, 2011 - 10:27 pm

Jen - I am so happy for him…and for you! That you see the fruit of your patience and living out loud for Jesus. I rejoice!

April 28, 2011 - 12:07 am

Casey Martinez - praise God for such a beautiful story of reaching a soul in need of a savior!! Yes, we are to “let our lights shine before men that they may see our good works and gloify our father in heaven!” Amen!! Awesome!

April 28, 2011 - 2:36 am

Big Fat Mama! - SO powerful, Marlece!! Praise GOD!!!

April 28, 2011 - 5:16 am

Jenay - Praise the Lord and I can’t wait to see all that He is going to do in this situation and the entire picture. God is so good to do things and use us, if we just live for Him, He does the rest…what a beautiful example!!!

April 28, 2011 - 10:46 am

Karen and Gerard - Praise the Lord! He’s always at work, even when we can’t see.

April 28, 2011 - 3:52 pm

Mama Hen - Beautiful post! I think we all NEED to refocus at times and look up to what is real and solid and the answer. People can find themselves lost, but it is finding their way back to God that is so amazing. You were an angel helping your friend to see that he was not alone during the difficult time. I hope you are well my friend. Have a great day!

Mama Hen

April 29, 2011 - 1:18 am

Olga - That is awesome! What a wonderful post! God sure does work in beautiful ways.

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! You have a beautiful heart. God bless <3

April 29, 2011 - 2:22 am

emily wierenga - oh friend, your heart is so big… it shines in this post. keep sharing with us at imperfect. love to you.

April 29, 2011 - 10:48 pm

Kerry - Wow. I’m so glad you were placed just where God needed you to be for your friend. You’re such an amazing person and great friend. 🙂

April 29, 2011 - 11:28 pm

Joybird - Happy dance with you!

May 29, 2011 - 2:44 am

Nabila Grace - Perfect! :o) God is good!