weekends and thankfulness

Thank the Lord for sun this weekend for it made all the difference when this girl could have been on the verge of a little break down when I am not getting my endorphine high, or my mind playing terrible tricks on me, or my body getting all out of shape! I just keep thinking, “this is just a season, relax, cool it, it’s not forever….” but it feels that way right now. I haven’t been able to run for almost two weeks now! I have planter faciatis in my foot and it has caused havoic! I have come to grips that I won’t get to do the race that I have signed up for, all this training, ugh, so frustrating! I having been looking at races further down the road so that I can give my foot time to heal and I can be strong in my running again. Patience, being held back, not my forte, but I will work on these things so that I may get back to doing what I enjoy! I know it is not the end of the world, I know that…a runner brain, mentally? Not so good! Ok, whinning, yes, I’m done with it!

Had a good weekend here at home. The big boys and me went to a rodeo this weekend. Slipping on those boots and that belt buckle felt good. Rode horses with the kids, went to church with the family, and then came home, made a big lunch. I was in the middle of fertalizing the yard when that sun was beating down on me and I stopped and had to take it in for a few minutes. The kids were off playing so I grabbed the big intertube and crashed, face to sun and thought, “I don’t have much sunscreen on,” but didn’t even budge, didn’t even care! The kids caught on and they invaded me with their own delight over the sun!

You know in this thankfulness journey, I do find myself looking, seeking for that that I am thankful for. It does make a difference….I just read in Ann’s book….’you can only feel one feeling at a time so if that feeling is of anger, or what have you, replace it with a thought of thankfulness and it changes your thought process’. I do find myself more cheerful, He is a transforming God isn’t He?

I am grateful today:

167.a healing body
168.watching the kids show their delight when we are doing something new
169.a son who doesn’t say much but when he is ready he comes in, sits next to me, and stares….this is my chance, thankful for this chance
170.making a meal for a friend who needed a good meal
171.my tulips, so beautiful
172.a God who left the gift of the Holy Spirit for us
173.warmth
174.a dream
175.a son’s giggle, contagious!
176.husband off to work
177.encouraging a friend who is troubled

Looking forward to a great week in HIM!

May 2, 2011 - 3:26 pm

Leanne - I’m so glad you got your sun! I know how much that fills you up! Now, for that foot: remember I have told you that it took as much discipline to NOT exercise when I couldn’t as it takes to do this dumb training? Choose to be disciplined!! Boo to injuries, and I’m praying you have a rapid recovery!!!

May 2, 2011 - 6:50 pm

Jenay - Oh yes…I like Leanne’s comment! So true…you and I are of the same blood Marlece and our stuborness does not pay off in this area. Love your thankful list!!!! We had sunshine this weekend too, and all the kids have rosey cheeks from the sun, and I LOVE THAT LOOK. So healthy!

May 2, 2011 - 8:16 pm

Lady Rose - Marlece,

I’m sorry to hear about your foot. As one who used to be an excessive exerciser, I can relate. I still exercise, but I have been working on being more relaxed about it – without feeling like I have to be moving around every second! Hang in there Sister!

The sun is a wonderful thing, especially after so much rain. I think the rainy season is finally over for us, yeah! It’s still a bit on the cooler side, but at least the sun make its appearance in my part of the world, for which I am grateful.

I’m still reading Ann’s book (I read slow). I don’t think I have read that part where she mentions that you can only feel one emotion at a time. It makes sense though.

Anyway, this comment is becoming too long, ha! Take care Dear Mother. 🙂

Blessings,

-L. Rose

May 2, 2011 - 8:23 pm

Olga - Great things to be greatful for!

Sounds like a very nice relaxing, sunny weekend!

May 3, 2011 - 1:40 am

Big Fat Mama! - I wanna soak up the sun!! 🙂 Looks like a wonderful time. I hope your foot heals quickly. Guilt free rest! 🙂

Your comment today got me thinking…and I appreciate your words.

May 3, 2011 - 7:28 pm

tawnya - You know I just have to say it “its old age creepn in” ha ha. I hope you get healed up quickly…..Enjoy your sun soak n.

May 7, 2011 - 12:13 pm

Far Above Rubies - Hello, beautiful friend. You seem to be living the large. 😉 xox

Have a beautiful and Happy Mother’s Day.

You’re a wonderful mommy!!

Jasmine

May 29, 2011 - 2:45 am

Nabila Grace - Sunshine! It always makes such a difference in our outlook ;o)