A Momma moment….

Confirmation graduation
Isn’t he handsome?

As a Momma, I am learning new things. This weekend, was a new experience and deep one at that. It was expressed to me like this, ‘if there was a nest of little birdies there comes a time when they must leave the nest and learn to fly on their own. They may make a few nose dives, shake it off, and try again, but eventually they will fly.’ I loved this illustration of what Brayden has been going thru this fall up to now. We had confirmation graduation and it was a beautiful moment for this Momma. Thru this process, he was thrown out of the spiritual nest and learning to walk his own spiritual walk, and I must say he was soaring this weekend.

He spent the weekend with his peers that have been going thru this same strenuous class as Brayden. The bible reading, the scripture memorization, the deep thought out questions that he had to read and answer each week was challenging, if I must say so myself. There were times when I thought, “are they setting up for failure?” It is a committment and one Brayden did not take lightly and he was driven. At the end, they had to write a ‘faith journey paper’.

A little exert of his paper read like this, “I think it is hard to show yourself as a christian in public sometimes because some people just ignore you or think you are too small to know anything. This makes you afraid to give your opinion because you don’t want to get made fun of. Now, I feel more confident in Him and I know that He gives me words to speak and He protects me. This I know because it says so in His word and I can stand on that with confidence”

Ok, wasn’t that beautiful? He also took a test to find out what his ‘spiritual gifts’ may be and it was RIGHT on. Brayden is a gift giver and he’s merciful. Ok, yes, yes, yes…. this is my son!!! I asked him what he was going to do with this information and he said, “do it more, because it’s a gift from the Lord!” GOOD ANSWER SON!!!!

Then Sunday morning the graduation ceremony earned him a brand new beautiful bible with his name on it, he was an usher and took the offering, he did fabulous, and then we ended the service with parents and leadership of the church laying hands upon them in prayer as they kneel at the altar.

I haven’t been able to stop the misty eyes, thinking about it brings me to this.

I love seeing the man of God Brayden is growing into, it is such an honor.

May 24, 2011 - 2:17 am

Big Fat Mama! - Beautiful beautiful! I love what he wrote! Reminds me of Paul encouraging Timothy to keep going, even though he was young. What a wise boy! And what a GREAT momma he has!!!

May 24, 2011 - 2:27 am

Jen - This just makes me heart swell — and to think if we are so proud, how much more proud is Jesus?? Yay!!

May 24, 2011 - 2:47 am

Ryan and Melanie - Oh, I have two little ones and I can already picture them going through these moments. I’m sure I’ll be all misty eyed too:) Great to find you off of Jen’s blog.

-Mel

May 24, 2011 - 3:18 am

Brandee Shafer - Well, you made me tear up, again. I am proud of both of you! (And yay for “mercies” like Brayden…and me!)

May 24, 2011 - 3:22 am

Cheryl@OntheOldPath - Oh Marlece, You must feel so proud of him. He wrote beautifully, what a job we have as mothers I know your work isn’t done but you’ve guide him on the right path. I’m misty eyed too! Hug him!!

May 24, 2011 - 3:22 am

stephanie - What an amazing young man! And what an awesome momma you are! His love is going to abound in your family for generations!!! How awesome is that!!!

May 24, 2011 - 4:02 am

Theresa Miller - Oh, how wonderful. I feel like taking a deep breath for you. What a gift must be to you!

May 24, 2011 - 10:29 am

Karen and Gerard - Yea for Braydon! Your mom is so proud of you!

May 24, 2011 - 2:13 pm

Jenay - Beautiful!!! This Auntie is sooo proud. I love this boy and it is a blessing to see him grow in the Lord by leaps and bounds. He already gives of his “gifts” so well, and I love that now he wants to use them even more…realizing they are gifts from the Lord…I learn something from this statement. Good job Brayden, and good job Momma!!!

May 24, 2011 - 3:48 pm

Anonymous - test

May 24, 2011 - 3:51 pm

Anonymous - OKAY!! Now I can comment!

This is for you, Brayden:

Micah 6:8

“He has shown you, Brayden, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”

I’m so proud of you, young man. You are living this verse well! Love you, Mrs. Carlson

May 24, 2011 - 4:03 pm

Pamela - Oh so beautiful. And yes, such a handsome young man. I wish more of our children had this opportunity. We expect them to face the world without the tools to shine for Jesus.

God bless your mother’s heart.
Pamela

May 24, 2011 - 4:51 pm

Tiffini - this reminds me of a verse from the weekend…your sons will be taught of the Lord.
I completely understand the tear filled eyes. When our children choose to walk in His ways it is our most fervent prayers answered:)
xo

May 24, 2011 - 9:38 pm

Mrs. M. - Oh this post was so precious to me….my oldest is going for a college interview with a counselor tomorrow…so yes, they are growing and getting ready to embrace their lives.

Mrs. M.

May 28, 2011 - 12:31 am

Leanne - re-test

May 28, 2011 - 2:07 am

Far Above Rubies - So precious, friend. God has been good. Congratulations.

Jasmine

May 28, 2011 - 3:03 pm

Canadagirl - What WONDERFUL mama moment! I can imagine how proud you all were of how hard he worked.

Blessings<><
-Mary

May 29, 2011 - 2:52 am

Nabila Grace - How beautiful! :o) What a blessing God has given you through your son! :o)

May 29, 2011 - 6:20 pm

Laura - This is so awesome! And there is still so much more joy ahead as he grows and matures into a man of God. Blessings!

May 29, 2011 - 9:02 pm

Craig - so much good reason to have pride in your young man. I looked for it but couldn’t find the verse that says something about not begrudging the youth. I hear what he is saying about how even in a church setting his opinion is not given due respect maybe because he is young – but it’s from people fresh in the faith, young in the faith, that we old people 🙂 can often learn from the best. This boy has a good mama. God bless and keep you and all of yours this day Marlece.