So many things going thru my mind this past week. It seemed as though the list completely changed, the season we are in is coming to a close and moving into the next one. One I am looking forward to, anxious to be with the kids without having in the back of my mind, “a math problem we are working on, the spelling test coming up, this project or that project.” I will miss bible study but it also sets one more day without a standard obligation. (even though I so will miss the girls at my table, hope to see them this summer) I am grateful to be working outside more, playing outside more. New season, I’m looking forward to it, yes I am!
Today Jordan rode in his first poker ride on his dirt bike. He came away with two trophies. One because he had a good hand and the other was, (ok get ready for this, deep breath) the youngest rider of the day!! Isn’t that sweet? I forgot my camera ( I know, I am kicking myself) but when they said, “the youngest rider, is there a four year old out there?” Silence in the crowd, and Jordan pipes up with his little loud voice and says, “hey, I’m FIVE and I rode today!” “WINNER, GET UP HERE!” Jordan made a dash to the podium and smiled this huge smile as he received his trophy. So stinkin’ cute!!
I tell you, I love days like this. Watching Jim and the boys ride together, I just love it!!
Thankfulness, you know the more I am aware of this ‘thankfulness’ treasure that we should all seek out I look at these people around me who no matter what they are going thru or where they have been this is what makes them get thru whatever the case may be. It is such a revealing time for me to see this. It is so vital!
178. a change of season
179. a friend that calls for no good reason, yet we can talk about things, hash things out, edify the Lord, my friendship cup is full after this.
180. lush green grass
181. a son who is now a student at the college as of the fall!
182. trying new recipes (some fail some a hit)
183. having a life or death talk with grandma, Jesus was present!
184. a mom who shows me support
185. anticipating summer!
186. running and it felt so good before, during, and after!
187. remembering life is short, life is precious!
188. knowing my Jesus!