boot issues and being called out on it!

I am writing in response to a comment from my sis on my last post. I thought it deserved a whole post of it’s own.

So, here is the comment: So glad you and Brayden got this opportunity!!! I’m pretty sure you are wearing tennis shoes though…and if Charlie sees that he will have a full blown heart attack. Where are your boots sis????

Ok, yah, so this is the deal…I know I am suppose to wear boots, I KNOW THIS from the top of my head to the bottom of my boots! So, this is my boot issue, first I have to tell you a sweet story. When Jim asked me to marry him we didn’t go out and get a ring right away the next day we went out and he bought me a pair of pink boots. I love them, and wore them for years! Ok, so back to the issue, I wore those pink boots until after I had Brayden and then my feet grew and I could no longer fit into those cute ‘engagement boots’ any longer. wahhhhhhhh!!!!!

So, then on to the next pair of boots which warrants another story. My dear friend Amy went to her home town in Texas, and not knowing I was having issues fitting into my pink engagement boots, just to be the sweet giving friend that she is brought me back a new pair of black roper boots, that I have cherished and loved so much! And they fit, (at the time)!!

So, then, when I had my last babe, oh my gosh, I went from starting at 8 1/2 size shoe to 9 1/2, TEN! If I kept having babies how big do you think my feet would get? So, the black ones no longer fit, so I grabbed Jim’s whenever I was riding. Well, when I went to go get them for our ride guess who was wearing them? BRAYDEN!!!! The kid has monstrous feet! Yes, so here I am scrambling for what I was going to wear. So, I did put on my ‘too short, hurt my feet boots’ for the ride, and when we got back to the trailer I said, “I HAVE TO CHANGE MY SHOES!!!!” So, I put my trusty addidas on so that my feet could breath. And that is when I realized, we needed to take pictures. So I hopped on, and click, took some pictures.

Of course, Miss Jenay would call me out on this. And I am glad, and totally get it. Now, I am just praying that Jenay’s feet won’t become a size 12 feet when she is done with number six, I’ve got your back on this prayer sis, hahahaha!

Oh, and Leanne, yes boots are required when riding horses. Why you ask? Boots have a lip at the heal to where your feet can not slip thru the stirrup. Very dangerous if this were to happen. (learn something new every day don’t you?)

July 13, 2011 - 3:18 pm

Jenay - Haha!!! This is perfect!!! I’m so glad you had a good explanation….I can now quit hiding your blog picture from charlie. Good girl, and thank you for your prayers on the “ole feet growing”…so scary…can you even imagine, not foot looks cute at that size…on a woman. I think for the next holiday…say…Labor Day, you should celebrate with a new pair of boots THAT FIT!!! Pook is gonna be HUGE…He reminds me of my Kole!!!

July 13, 2011 - 3:43 pm

Cheryl@OntheOldPath - I love the boot story, too funny!!

July 13, 2011 - 4:57 pm

Mama D.'s Dozen - Boy am I glad that my feet haven’t grown after each pregnancy. I’ve only gained 1/2 size in 11 pregnancies. 🙂

I, too, have my “engagement boots” … from 30 years ago. My 14 y.o. daughter is the first of my girls to want to wear them, and she love them, and looks so cute in them.

I think it’s time that you treat yourself to a new pair of boots. Pink again?

🙂 🙂 🙂

July 13, 2011 - 8:15 pm

Craig - and here I sit and with no pink boots – and I’ve never been, nor will ever be pregnant – but the funny thing is, I read so many blogs written by women, that I get this – I really get it. If you see any men today please don’t tell them I said this – the club is already keeping a close eye on me because I blog in this community 🙂 I hearted this even though I don’t have any pink boots. God bless you Marlece.

July 14, 2011 - 1:40 am

Casey Martinez - You my friend are quite the entertaining writer!! I loved reading this post about your love for boots and your growing feet with pregnancy..come to think of it I think my feet grew a half a size with my first pregnancy…went from 8.5 to 9 and now that all makes sense. I hadn’t heard that before!! I love your comments on my blog too Marlece…def. one of the people I enjoy hearing from most. you just have such a fun and engaging way of writing! xo

July 15, 2011 - 3:50 pm

*****Shelly***** - My feet,too, grew with each pregnancy! Weird…a whole half size each time. I am now an 8 1/2-9 but my daughter is an 11/12! So hard to find shoes…

July 16, 2011 - 3:17 am

emily wierenga - marlece, you are wonderful. thank you for being so down to earth. and for caring for me, through your comments. xo

July 20, 2011 - 11:29 pm

Wildflower Cottage - Just stopping by real quickly to say “Hello.” I haven’t forgotten about ya! I hope that you are doing well. 🙂