I was scared…..

I run this five mile loop four times a week. Same thing, I like to change it up at times for sure but this is my usual route.
This particular day….I didn’t have to do much changing it up to get my legs moving a little faster and my blood pumping a little harder.
Part of the area I run in is very wooded and right now they are clearing it. As I was running this dog looking thing ran across the road about 10 feet in front of me. He stopped in the field, turned, and stared me down. He was pretty big, big long tail, a light brown color to him. He was mad, I could just feel it. He put up is big long nose and mouth and began this VERY loud bark howl thing. I was feeling very warned. I have never got scared on a run before but this was one time I felt scared. I ran two miles down the road faster than usual listening to him the WHOLE way do this yelling bark howl thing.
I knew it wasn’t a coyote, I have seen them alot of times, a fox is way smaller and it wasn’t a regular dog, this was wild with a bushy long tail and really long sharp shaped mouth.
I got home and explained to Jim what happened and he said it sounded like a wolf to him. I didn’t want to say it but that is what I thought it was before he even said it!! My son thinks I’m full of it but then I got onto the Internet to see what a Northwest Wolf looked like and I promise, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind now….IT WAS A WOLF!After explaining to Layton what I saw and then seeing what I described on the Internet he doesn’t think I’m being quite so dramatic after all.
Yes, I’m still running my usual route but Jim bought me some spray to protect myself and there are homes all thru that I could run to if need be.
I think the animals that lived in that wooded area that is now being logged are misplaced and aren’t happy about it one bit.

July 31, 2011 - 11:35 pm

Shauna - Uhhhhh SCARY!!!! We have been talking about wolves alot lately – weird. Justin was saying how evil they look! Yikes! DO NOT RUN THERE ANYMORE!

August 1, 2011 - 2:53 am

Mrs. A - Yikes! I’m glad you’re okay. Pray before you go out and do your running!

August 1, 2011 - 3:33 am

Mrs. A - Hi, I replied to your comment at my blog. šŸ˜‰

August 1, 2011 - 10:48 am

Karen and Gerard - That is scary. You may encounter even more next time. I think I’d change my route if I were you. I have some cute bear cubs on my blog today that I promise will not scare you one bit. Hope you can stop by to see them!

August 1, 2011 - 5:22 pm

Jen - They were clearing a new section of a neighborhood and my husband said he had seen a coyote after taking Abby to school — right on the road that I usually always run on. Made my heart go pitter-patter, but this was scary! So glad you are okay!

August 1, 2011 - 5:30 pm

Cooking Up Faith - Scary!! Glad you are okay!!

August 2, 2011 - 1:37 am

Amy Sullivan - First off, very impressed and a smidge jealous of your running…I hate to run!

Crazy, crazy, but glad you plan to run on.

ps Whenever, I haven’t popped over to your place in awhile, I always click away so happy I stopped by. Love your stories on life.

August 2, 2011 - 11:36 am

Casey Martinez - Yah, that would have scared me to death! I think wolves are such beautiful animals and seem so mysterious at times but, I don’t need to run into one on my walk! hehe. I don’t think we have wolves in our woods out here. Coyotes yes but, not wolves. I’m just thankful that you are okay and you are brave to keep running your trail! hehe. Thanks for the sweet comments about Daisy Marlece! You always crack me up and make me smile;0.

August 2, 2011 - 10:50 pm

Cheryl@OntheOldPath - My boys would say cool a real wolf!!!!! I’m not much of a runner but that would make me run for sure. Glad your safe!!

August 4, 2011 - 4:43 am

Simple Life Journey - How scary. I say you carry a bb gun.